Kettlebells are an amazing way to gain muscle and speed up your weight loss! When used correctly, the kettlebell can prevent injury and help keep you in shape.
Our intern, Erin Stone, has this to say about her experience with kettlebells:
“Precision Fitness Placentia has taught me so much over the last couple weeks when it comes to the kettlebell! I always saw people using these in the gym, and I never picked one up because I was afraid of using an improper technique. I saw people doing all sorts of crazy things with them – swinging them over their heads and between their legs. Precision Fitness taught me how to use the kettlebell properly and I have mastered the kettlebell swings and cleans! I didn’t get them right away, but when I finally learned how to do the exercise properly I really felt like I was getting a great workout. My next goal is to perfect the snatch with the kettlebell! Getups with the kettlebell are also a great full body workout. I’m glad I didn’t try to do this by myself at the gym, because the movements required when using a kettlebell are very precise. We have a kettlebell workshop coming up, and I think it will be a great tool for those looking to improve their workouts and gain some new knowledge!”
Precision Fitness Placentia is having a FREE kettlebell workshop this Thursday, February 13th at 7:00 pm! Come learn about proper ways to use kettlebells. They provide a GREAT fat-burning workout when used correctly!
If you have any questions or would like to RSVP for this workshop, contact us at (714) 883-8940. www.placentiapersonaltraining.com
Any questions about Kettlebells call 714-883-8940
Precision Fitness Placentia
What you don’t know could hurt you and prevent you from losing weight.
How much thought do you put into what you eat?
If you want to get in shape then you’ll be interested to know that 80% of your health and fitness results are attributed to your diet.
READ NUTRITION LABELS. The nutritional content and ingredient list will give you everything you need to know about quality of what you eat.
Precision Fitness Placentia outlined 5 ingredients that should raise a RED FLAG when you turn over that package.
RED FLAG # 1 HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP (HFCS)
HFCS is a manmade sugar, derived predominantly from genetically modified corn. The sweet concoction has shown to promote binges and increases blood sugar levels, PROMOTING FAT STORAGE.
The introduction of HFCS into our food supply directly paralleled a 47% spike in type 2 diabetes cases as well as 80% increase in obesity for mainstream products, including the following. Sauces (including ketchup) yogart, energy bars, soft drinks, fruit juices, processed bake goods, cereals crackers, ice cream, salads dressings, most packaged snack foods. www.placentiapersonaltraining.com
RED FLAG # 2 HYDROGENATED FAT/PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED FATS (TRANS FATS)
Hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated fats have undergone such extensive processing that the chemicals structure has changed from a “cis” shape which the human body recognizes and utilizes, to trans shape, which is foreign and destructive to human physiology.
Check out each food label for the word HYDROGENATED AND AVOID IT diligently. Cutting out hydrogenated fats is a simple step towards looking and feeling your best! Need help with weight loss or increasing your fitness go to: www.placentiapersonaltraining.com
RED FLAG #3 ASPARTAME
Aspartame is an artificial sweetener that was denied 8 times by the FDA before being approved in 1973. Many scientist objected the approval claiming that aspartame hadn’t been safe for use as a food additive. MIT neuroscientist, Richard Wurtman researched the effects of aspartame and concluded that it promotes cravings for food high in calories and carbohydrates. Not good for weight loss or reaching your fitness goals.
Though aspartame is calorie free it still causes insulin to be released, which job is to stow away sugar – when this sugar is not available, the result often hypoglycemia and sever hunger.
RED FLAG #4 WHITE SUGAR
White sugar comes from the juice of a sugar cane plant that has undergone an extensive refining process. In the process all of the enzymes, fiber vitamins and minerals are destroyed rendering a nutritional void. White sugar is also extremely high in calories, which your body loves to store away in fat cells. This means increase belly fat and weight gain.
Refined sugar has been linked to a weakened immune system, hyperactivity, ADD, mental emotional disorders, dental cavities, hypoglycemia, enlargement of the liver and kidneys, and an imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain. All that leads to weight gain!!
RED FLAG #5 WHITE FLOUR
White flour comes from natural wheat that has been stripped of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. This results in a nutritionally void product that is packed with calories that release quickly in to your system, creating a spike in blood sugar. As you know, this promotes fat storage and leads to hysterical hunger and cravings. You don’t need that!! www.placetiapersonaltraining.com
Once you cut these 5 items out of your diet, you’ll be pleased with the results. Expect to lose weight, to have more energy and to feel better than you have in a long time! Nutrition is important! For more help call Placentia’s #1 personal fitness training gym. We offer a certified P90x small group class, boot camps, personal fitness training. Call for a free consultation 714-883-8940
Precision Fitness Placentia: www.placentiapersonaltraining.com
For fat loss: Here are some tips to work in to your daily routine to help with fat loss. These simple rules, when combined with exercise, are guaranteed to work!
- Eat 4-6 small meals a day instead of 2 or 3 larger meals. Eating smaller meals more frequently will help boost the metabolism and burn more calories.
- Consume whole foods that are high in fiber and low in sugars. Some examples of foods like this are lean proteins (chicken, fish, and whey protein), fruits and vegetables (oranges, apples, strawberries, blueberries, broccoli, spinach, peppers, and carrots), nuts (almonds, cashews and walnuts), and whole grains.
- Eat low-glycemic carbohydrates such as vegetables, whole wheat products and oatmeal instead of refined processed carbohydrates which usually come in a box or a bag. Eating low glycemic foods is a great way to keep a steady blood sugar level.
- Consume 25-35 grams of fiber per day. Fiber will help you feel full as well as control insulin and blood sugar levels, which tends to promote fat storage. Consuming adequate amounts of fiber has also been shown to improve cholesterol levels.
- Eat lean protein at each meal. Protein helps satisfy hunger and provides the necessary building blocks to maintain lean body mass while getting rid of extra body fat.
- Consume adequate amounts of healthy fats during the day. Some examples of healthy fats are olive oil, walnuts, almonds, Omega-3 fortified eggs, avocado, and other oils. Healthy fats are rich in antioxidants and are essential for many bodily processes, such as brain function.
- Eat 5-10 servings of fruits and vegetables a day in order to meet your micronutrient needs. Vegetables also contain a good amount of fiber and help control hunger.
- Consume tea or water instead of calorie filled drinks such as soda and soft drinks. Green tea has many health benefits, and you should be drinking 1ml of non-caffeinated fluid for every calorie that you consume. This averages out to around 8-12 8oz glasses of water or tea a day.
- Balance your fat intake for the day. One-third should come from saturated fats, one-third from monounsaturated fats, and one-third from polyunsaturated fats.
- Consistent fat loss requires good habits. If you want to create good habits, then you need to have a plan. A great way to do this is to map out your meals every day and follow them. If you do this for 2-3 weeks, you will start to naturally incorporate these habits into your everyday life.
- Incorporate “superfoods” into your meal plan on a daily basis. Some examples of superfoods are salmon, low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt, tomatoes, spinach, kale, mixed berries, mixed nuts, olive oil, flax seeds, green tea, and various beans.
- Keep total fat intake under 30% for the day. This can be easily accomplished by avoiding extra fats such as butter, sour cream, mayonnaise, and sweets. This doesn’t mean you have to completely eliminate these foods, but you should use them sparingly.
- Exercise! Fat loss is boosted tremendously when combining good eating habits and exercise. It is possible to lose weight through eating habits alone, but much harder to burn fat.
- Record what you eat and drink. Don’t leave anything out! Write down everything, including drinks, condiments, and meals. If you are having trouble losing fat later on, the answer will most likely be in your food journal.
- Follow the 90% rule. If you can follow your plan 90% of the time, you will soon see the fat melting off of your body. If you break the rules more than 10% of the time, you will not see the same results.
Fat loss exercise tip
Increasing the intensity of your exercise routine creates: EPOC Excess Post – exercise Oxygen Consumption or After burn. You will burn calories after your exercise session. Stay tuned for more on the EPOC affect. www.placentiapersonaltraining.com
More Fat loss tips in the future
The next Hybrid 2.0 fit camp is on Saturday, February 22, 2014 830am , we are having our 2nd Hybrid 2.0 class!
This class is a combination of kickboxing and a great fit circuit. In this class, you will be able to:
- Burn up to 1,000 calories
- Work virtually every muscle in the body
- Have a great time
There’s no excuse to Hybrid 2.0 fit camp, it’s FREE!
RSVP for the next Hybrid 2.0 fit camp 714-883-8940 www.placentiapersonaltraining.com