For fat loss: Here are some tips to work in to your daily routine to help with fat loss. These simple rules, when combined with exercise, are guaranteed to work!
- Eat 4-6 small meals a day instead of 2 or 3 larger meals. Eating smaller meals more frequently will help boost the metabolism and burn more calories.
- Consume whole foods that are high in fiber and low in sugars. Some examples of foods like this are lean proteins (chicken, fish, and whey protein), fruits and vegetables (oranges, apples, strawberries, blueberries, broccoli, spinach, peppers, and carrots), nuts (almonds, cashews and walnuts), and whole grains.
- Eat low-glycemic carbohydrates such as vegetables, whole wheat products and oatmeal instead of refined processed carbohydrates which usually come in a box or a bag. Eating low glycemic foods is a great way to keep a steady blood sugar level.
- Consume 25-35 grams of fiber per day. Fiber will help you feel full as well as control insulin and blood sugar levels, which tends to promote fat storage. Consuming adequate amounts of fiber has also been shown to improve cholesterol levels.
- Eat lean protein at each meal. Protein helps satisfy hunger and provides the necessary building blocks to maintain lean body mass while getting rid of extra body fat.
- Consume adequate amounts of healthy fats during the day. Some examples of healthy fats are olive oil, walnuts, almonds, Omega-3 fortified eggs, avocado, and other oils. Healthy fats are rich in antioxidants and are essential for many bodily processes, such as brain function.
- Eat 5-10 servings of fruits and vegetables a day in order to meet your micronutrient needs. Vegetables also contain a good amount of fiber and help control hunger.
- Consume tea or water instead of calorie filled drinks such as soda and soft drinks. Green tea has many health benefits, and you should be drinking 1ml of non-caffeinated fluid for every calorie that you consume. This averages out to around 8-12 8oz glasses of water or tea a day.
- Balance your fat intake for the day. One-third should come from saturated fats, one-third from monounsaturated fats, and one-third from polyunsaturated fats.
- Consistent fat loss requires good habits. If you want to create good habits, then you need to have a plan. A great way to do this is to map out your meals every day and follow them. If you do this for 2-3 weeks, you will start to naturally incorporate these habits into your everyday life.
- Incorporate “superfoods” into your meal plan on a daily basis. Some examples of superfoods are salmon, low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt, tomatoes, spinach, kale, mixed berries, mixed nuts, olive oil, flax seeds, green tea, and various beans.
- Keep total fat intake under 30% for the day. This can be easily accomplished by avoiding extra fats such as butter, sour cream, mayonnaise, and sweets. This doesn’t mean you have to completely eliminate these foods, but you should use them sparingly.
- Exercise! Fat loss is boosted tremendously when combining good eating habits and exercise. It is possible to lose weight through eating habits alone, but much harder to burn fat.
- Record what you eat and drink. Don’t leave anything out! Write down everything, including drinks, condiments, and meals. If you are having trouble losing fat later on, the answer will most likely be in your food journal.
- Follow the 90% rule. If you can follow your plan 90% of the time, you will soon see the fat melting off of your body. If you break the rules more than 10% of the time, you will not see the same results.
Fat loss exercise tip
Increasing the intensity of your exercise routine creates: EPOC Excess Post – exercise Oxygen Consumption or After burn. You will burn calories after your exercise session. Stay tuned for more on the EPOC affect. www.placentiapersonaltraining.com
More Fat loss tips in the future
The next Hybrid 2.0 fit camp is on Saturday, February 22, 2014 830am , we are having our 2nd Hybrid 2.0 class!
This class is a combination of kickboxing and a great fit circuit. In this class, you will be able to:
- Burn up to 1,000 calories
- Work virtually every muscle in the body
- Have a great time
There’s no excuse to Hybrid 2.0 fit camp, it’s FREE!
RSVP for the next Hybrid 2.0 fit camp 714-883-8940 www.placentiapersonaltraining.com
Welcome to my new website!
I will be writing about a variety of informative topics to help you achieve your health, weight management, and fitness goals. Be sure to check back often and let us know if there’s a specific topic you’d like for me to include.
- Expert Advice,
- Health & Fitness,
- News & Events,
- Nutrition Tips,
- Weight Loss Strategies,
- Workouts & more!