Placentia’s #1 Fitness for men and women 40+
Men and women 40 years old +, it’s not to late to get in your best shape ever!
Our safe effective challenging workouts are designed for men and women 40 years and up. If increasing your strength, mobility and decrease your BODY FAT sounds good then Placentia’s #1 fitness results service if for you!
Call 714-883-8940 to set your FREE body diagnostic evaluation or visit our website www.placentiapersonaltraining.com
face book: placentia’s# 1 fitness results service.
Placentia’s #1 fitness for men and women 40+
5 Flat Tummy Myths (and 3 Steps to Tight Abs)
Placentia’s #1 Fitness Results Service
FREE unlimited fitness training
Bathing suit season is right around the corner…are you ready?
Most people want to slim down before baring it all, so I’m here to warn you of the 5 Flat Tummy Myths that could waste your time:
Myth #1: Do extra crunches to flatten your abs.
Excessive crunches aren’t the answer for tight abs. In order to achieve a toned look you’ll have to focus on burning off the layer of fat that is covering up your tummy.
5 Flat tummy Myths
- Tip: Don’t obsess about crunches – instead focus on fat burning.
Myth #2: Take diet pills to speed results.
I know it’s so tempting! The ads make compelling claims about the power of popping a pill, but don’t fall for it. There is no ‘magic pill’. Diet pills are more likely to burn through your pocketbook than to slim you down.
- Tip: Don’t pop a pill – instead burn calories with intense exercise.
Myth #3: Turn to packaged diet products to boost results.
Don’t fall for the foods that are packaged as ‘diet’ or ‘weight loss’ aids. Quite often these products are packed with refined sugar and other artificial ingredients that your body doesn’t need, and certainly won’t help you attain that tight tummy.
- Tip: Don’t eat packaged diet foods – instead stick with nutritious whole foods.
Myth #4: Avoid all carbohydrates in order to achieve tight abs.
Carbohydrates have been given a bad rap, which is unfortunate because you can (and should) eat carbs while slimming down. The key is to stick with whole grains, oatmeal and brown rice while avoiding processed and refined flours and sugars.
- Tip: Don’t give up all carbohydrates – instead stick with wholesome carbs.
Myth #5: Starve the chub away.
Trying to lose weight by starving yourself is not only ineffective it can also be dangerous. It may seem that severe calorie restriction would deliver the quickest weight loss, but your body is complex and by doing so you’ll disrupt your metabolism and slow your results.
- Tip: Don’t starve yourself – instead eat small wholesome meals throughout the day.
Now that you know what not to do in order to achieve tight abs, it’s time to go over your flat tummy game plan. Here’s what you need to know in 3 simple steps:
Step One: No more junk.
The best way to do this is by purging your kitchen. Throw out the sugary, processed and fat-filled foods. Once the junk has been cleared out, don’t buy any more of it. Remember that your beach-ready abs depend on what you eat – don’t eat junk!
Step Two: Eat whole foods.
Replace the junk food in your life with plenty of the following: cooked and raw vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains, moderate amounts of seeds and nuts, lean meats and low fat dairy. Clean eating really is that simple.
Step Three: Come train with me.
This is the most obvious step. You’re ready to get into great shape and I’m in a unique position to make that happen for you. Call or reply to this email to get started on an exercise plan that will get you those amazing abs.
5 Flat Tummy Myths
Fat burning help is here
Nutrition is 70% of your results
Do you need helps getting enough LOW CARB PROTEIN that taste great?
Every Bio Trust Nutrition product comes with a full 1 year 100% money back guarantee!!
Fat burning help is here
Thanksgiving fitness sale
call 714-883-8940 for more information Thanksgiving fitness sale
I’d like to share five simple strategies with you for shedding five pounds of fat before the holidays.
But first let me clear something up.
Weight loss can be put into two categories.
- The first is a fully concentrated effort. This is where you dedicate yourself to counting every calorie and slaving away in the gym. The pounds come off, but once you relax the regimen your weight goes right back to where it was.
- The second is a combination of simple lifestyle changes. This is where you change a few key factors about what you eat and how you exercise, without making it a fulltime job. This type of weight loss is gradual and permanent, since you are able to maintain it long term.
The five simple strategies below all fall into the lifestyle change category. These strategies may seem ridiculously simple, but do them over an extended period of time and you will see amazing, permanent results.
Strategy #1: Ditch Your Diet Soda
Studies are coming out that link diet soda to weight gain.
Researchers from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio concluded that those who drank two or more diet soft drinks a day had the largest waistline increases—about five times more than that of non-drinkers. They stated, “Data from this and other prospective studies suggest that the promotion of diet sodas as healthy alternatives may be ill-advised: they may be free of calories, but not of consequences.”
Bottom line: Artificial sweeteners are addictive, lead to waistline increases, and cause you to crave sugary foods. By cutting diet soda out of your daily routine, and replacing it with water, you will lose inches and pounds—effortlessly.
Strategy #2: Swap Sandwich Bread for Lettuce
Move over bread, lettuce is better.
It’s time to re-define your sandwich. While bread has tradition on its side, lettuce wraps offer you weight loss and increased energy. Try my Tasty Tuna Lettuce Wraps recipe below.
Bottom line: Eating bread and other starchy foods always leads to extra pounds, so change your ways. Swap your sandwich bread for lettuce for 30 days and see how much you will effortlessly lose. I bet you’ll feel more energetic after lunch too.
Strategy #3: Trade Slow Cardio for Intense Intervals
Doing slow cardio will not give you results.
In order to really make your workout effective, you need to turn up the intensity. If you love the treadmill, then do a series of sprints throughout your workout. If you’re a swimmer, then push yourself extra hard every other lap.
Bottom line: Doing slow, easy cardio will not give you the streamline body you want. Only intense intervals will do that for you. Pepper your workout with bouts of intense cardio and watch as the fat starts to disappear.
Strategy #4: Avoid Sugar 99% Of The Time
Sugar will cause you to gain weight every single time.
There’s really no way around that simple truth. Sugar is standing between you and your perfect body. If you’re serious about looking and feeling great, then understand that sugar has no place in your diet.
Bottom line: If you avoid sugar 99% of the time, then you will be on your way to a lean and energetic body. If it’s your birthday or a special holiday, then partake in a small amount of sugar, but make that the exception and not the rule.
Strategy #5: Exercise With A Professional
When I design your workouts, you know it will be good.
People who work with a personal trainer get better results than those who attempt to do it on their own. Just look at my clients and their amazing transformations, and you’ll see what I mean. Each workout will push you to your limits, challenge your body and deliver the results you’re looking for.
Bottom line: All of my clients expect to get the best workout of their lives each and every time they train with me, and my job is to over-deliver.
Call or email today and I’ll get you started on a program that will get you to the body of your dreams.
THE SIMPLEST WEIGHT LOSS DIET EVER!
Call Placentia’s #1 Fitness Results Service 714-883-8940 and receive a copy of THE SIMPLEST WEIGHT LOSS DIET EVER! For only a $1 minimum donation to St. Jude children’s research hospital.
THE SIMPLEST WEIGHT LOSS DIET EVER!
7 Ways Strength Training Will Change Your Life
You get married. Have a baby. Move across the world. Start going to night school so you can get a degree. All of these are life-changing events that make you a different person. But did you know your life can change significantly just by spending some time strength training?
That’s right—if you’re willing to commit to strength training, your life will change significantly in seven ways. Here they are.
Change #1: Toned
This one’s obvious for anyone who has ever stepped inside a gym. When you add strength training to your routine, your body shapes up quickly. Working with me, you can determine an appropriate strength-training regimen that will give your body the look you desire. When you look better, you feel better and more confident. But lifting weights isn’t just about looking good…
Change #2: Health Risks Drop
Want to reduce your worry factor significantly? Then start lifting weights. When you do, you’ll find your body has better defense against the common cold and other everyday sicknesses. But that’s not all. By lifting weights and staying healthy, you’ll be better able to sidestep countless diseases that plague so many—from diabetes and cancer to heart disease and stroke.
Change #3: You’ll Go Longer
Ever just want to crash and burn after a hard day at work? Wish you had the stamina to play a game of kickball with your kids on the weekends? Lifting weights will help you improve your stamina so you can do just that. Once you’ve lifted weights for a while, your muscles grow stronger and you learn how to power through even when you’re feeling a bit worn out. Going longer, however, isn’t reserved for the athletic field.
Change #4: Sex Improves
Lifting weights may not transform you into some sort of sexual maniac, but it will do lots of good things for your body that in turn translates to good things for your sexual abilities. One way strength training does this is by improving blood flow throughout your body, which is important for sexual function. On top of blood flow, you will feel better about your body and become less likely to struggle with sexual dysfunction.
Change #5: You Can Focus
Meetings aren’t the most exciting events in the world. They drone on for hours, and your involvement does little to help those you’re meeting with find solutions. Until you start lifting weights. Suddenly, your brain is getting the blood flow necessary for optimal function and your brain even grows new cells. Once your most important muscle kicks into overdrive, you’re ready to be alert and thoughtful.
Change #6: You’ll Smile More
Life is not easy. And when it comes at you full force, the stress can be too much. When this happens, you may find yourself spiraling into a bout of sadness or even depression. Lift weights regularly, however, and you’ll experience something the prescription-producing world doesn’t want you to know. Lifting weights gives your body what it needs to fend off depression. And you don’t need a doctor’s appointment for a weight-lifting session.
Change #7: You Live in the Now
It is good to plan and know what you’re doing with your life. However, if you spend all your life worried about what you’re going to do with yourself when you retire in 23 years, you’re missing out on something very important: the here and now. When you lift weights, you’re forced to focus on the task at hand.
Otherwise, you’ll never get that final rep in. By incorporating strength training, your life is changed for the better, because you finally learn to live in the moment, a skill that translates to increased life satisfaction.
Sound good to you? Give me a call or shoot me an email today to get started on a fitness routine that’s custom tailored to your needs.
Can’t lose weight?
There are few things more frustrating than not being able to lose weight.
You want to be slimmer and to tone your body, but your weight won’t budge.
Read the following 7 Weight Loss Blockers to discover what is standing in your way and how to quickly and easily begin your weight loss journey.
Blocker #1: Your Mind
Your mind is your number one ally when it comes to achieving your goals. However, until your mind has been programmed for success, it will do more to derail your efforts than to help you.
- Take a few moments each day to visualize yourself at your ideal weight. Imagine how it feels to look the way you’ve always wanted.
- Protect your mind from any negative self talk. If a negative thought comes to mind, immediately reject it.
- You want to be thin and fit, and yet you think of yourself as out-of-shape and fat. Re-program your mind to think of yourself as fit and attractive, and you will be well on your way toward achieving your goal.
- Give up the belief that you can’t achieve the body you’ve always dreamed of. See it first in your mind, and then in the mirror.
Can’t lose weight?
Blocker #2: Your Fear
Change makes most of us nervous – even if it is a change in the right direction. You may not be consciously aware of the fear you have of getting into shape. Until you conquer this fear, your weight loss efforts will be blocked by self sabotage.
Professional speaker and author, Anthony Robbins, has outlined three specific beliefs that you must have in order to conquer your fear and instantly create a lasting change.
- Believe that something MUST change.You can’t be wishy-washy about it. You can’t be considering it. You can’t even be pretty sure about it. You’ve got to be rock solid.
- Believe that YOU must change it. You can’t pass the buck of responsibility and expect to lose weight. It’s on your shoulders. Other people will prove to be great assets in your journey, but in the end you are the one who is going to make it happen. You have to want this weight loss enough to make it your personal mission.
- Believe you CAN change it. You may have failed in the past, but that doesn’t matter. When you put your mind to it, you’re able to do amazing things. Do you believe that you are capable of losing weight? Once you own the belief that you can, you’ll be unstoppable.
Blocker #3: Your Excuses
Your excuses for being out-of-shape are getting old. An excuse takes less immediate effort than an action, but in the long run the action taker always has the advantage. Don’t allow excuses to ruin your life any longer.
- Don’t skip out on your responsibilities with excuses, instead expect more from yourself.
- Focus on the big reason why you are losing the weight. Make a list of the benefits you’ll enjoy once you achieve your goal, and read them first thing each morning.
- Remember that you can only have two things in life: excuses or results. Which do you want?
Blocker #4: Your Commitment
How many times have you tried to lose weight, only to give up a week or two later? We live in a commitment-phobic world, so it’s no wonder that you routinely abandon your goals. If you truly want to lose weight then your commitment to the process is a must.
- The margin between success and failure is bridged by your commitment. Don’t give up until your goal has been achieved.
- Treat exercise with the same importance as a work meeting, and you’ll never skip it at the last minute. Find three available 60-minute time slots in your schedule and mark them (in pen) on your calendar. Now stick to your schedule.
- If you don’t give up, then you’ll never fail.
Blocker #5: Your Diet
If you consistently eat the wrong food, then you’re weight loss efforts will all be in vain. To put it bluntly, you need to stop eating junk. Processed foods, refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup do not belong in your diet if you want to be in great shape. Cut these items out of your diet and replace them with real whole foods like lean meats, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and fruits.
- Don’t eat processed foods. Even though processed foods are accepted by our society, they contain tons of chemicals and empty calories that will make you sick and fat.
- Fat contains twice the caloric density of protein and carbohydrates, so make sure to limit the amount that you consume. Eat lots of lean proteins and wholesome carbohydrates from plants and whole grains.
- Vegetables, whole grains, fruits, nuts and seeds are filled with fiber and antioxidants which are vital for healthy weight loss. Snack on these instead of packaged treats.
Blocker #6: Your Patience
It takes time to transform your body from fat to fit, even though you want it to happen overnight. Remind yourself that it took time to put the weight on, so it will take time to take the weight off. When you find your patience wavering, or when you encounter a frustrating plateau, do the following:
- Review your goal. Is it specific and measurable? Is it small and attainable, rather than monumental? Focus on your goal when the going gets tough.
- Make each workout a new experience. Challenge your body with different resistance, new exercises and a varied pace.
- Remember that anyone can have one great workout, but that won’t get you the body you want. The only way to achieve your goal is by consistently exercising and eating right, plain and simple.
Blocker #7: Your Support
People who exercise alone are less challenged, less accountable and are more likely to fail. It makes sense. Who would rush to the gym if no one is was waiting for them? Who would push themselves if no one was paying attention? Exercising alone is a recipe for disaster.
- Find a workout partner who is in better shape than you, or better yet, work with me, your local fitness expert, to guarantee your results.
- I am passionate about seeing you achieve results—don’t waste your time, energy and effort on mistakes.
- When you start a program with me, you suddenly have the upper hand on weight loss. I’ll be in your corner, coaching you each step of the way, keeping you accountable to workouts and giving you that dose of encouragement when you need it most.
Get serious about your results and begin the last weight loss program that you’ll ever do.
Can’t lose weight?
Call or email today to schedule your first workout. You’ll find my contact info in this newsletter. www.placentiapersonaltrainig.com
Trust Bio Trust nutrition www.placentiafitness.biotrust.com
Stubborn Fat Blues
Every year at about this time frustrated people around the globe look in the mirror and realize that their waist is larger, hips are wider, and their New Year’s resolve has fizzled.
So what do you do about the stubborn and seemingly permanent fat?
Sink into a depression?
Well, the easiest thing to do is to throw a pity party. Then before you know it your feelings of self pity begin to snowball into a full blown case of the Stubborn Fat Blues.
How do you know if you have the Stubborn Fat Blues?
- Your pants are tighter today than they were a year ago
- You’ve tried to lose weight only to fail.
- You feel trapped.
- You’re close to giving up on yourself.
If you can relate to any of the above statements then you have the Stubborn Fat Blues—quite an unpleasant condition to have.
Fortunately, there is a cure.
Stubborn fat Blues
It all starts with your mind. The thing about the Stubborn Fat Blues is that it affects your mind more than anything.
You see, your mental state is critical in determining your shape and size. When you focus on all of the things that you hate about your current body like the size of your thighs, the shape of your butt, or the way your belly looks then you’re putting all of your energy on the negative.
The more you think about how unhappy you are, the unhappier you will become.
Makes sense, right?
So instead of wallowing, use the following techniques to conquer the Stubborn Fat Blues:
1. Take it one battle at a time.
You may have 20, 50 or 100 pounds to lose before you reach your ideal weight—and, boy, that can be overwhelming. The truth is that weight loss like that won’t happen overnight—it takes months of dedication. It’s no wonder so many people simply give up.
Don’t worry about winning the entire war today, instead focus on conquering one battle at a time. Take it one meal at a time, and one day at a time. A healthy meal, a good workout and you’ve won a battle. Remember, 100 pounds is broken down into 350,000 calories. Sure, that sounds like a lot, but all you have to do is focus on burning more calories than you take in today – in the end weight loss will be inevitable.
2. Use a trigger.
How many times throughout your day do you find yourself plagued with negative thoughts? I’m too fat. I’ll never look as good as I used to. I’m not attractive. Yikes! Thoughts like these will ruin your chance at regaining your figure—they are total momentum killers.
Here’s what I want you to do. Whenever a negative thought enters your mind instantly do the following:
- Breathe out and squeeze your abs for 5 seconds – 3 times
- Throw away any junk food within arms reach
- Plan to exercise that day
Make negative thoughts a trigger to take positive action toward your goal—the results will amaze you.
3. See what you want.
If you have weight to lose, mirrors are a nightmare. Every lump and pouch seems to jump out with alarming illumination. And it doesn’t help that most of us see things as worse than they really are.
When was the last time that you closed your eyes and pictured the body that you wished you had? It may sound hokey, but I’m serious. Your mind is very impressionable, and when you bombard it with only the negative then you will be stuck on that image.
Take time each day to visualize your ideal body. Close your eyes and put yourself in that ideal body – feel what it feels like to be fit and attractive. This exercise is a powerful way to fixate your mind on your goal in a way that will leave you no room for failure.
4. Get serious.
Sooner or later you will decide that you are fed up with the Stubborn Fat Blues. You will decide that your health is important. You will decide that you deserve to look great. And you will do what it takes to achieve amazing results.
The best way to ensure that your motivation stays strong—and that your goal is met—is to get on a fitness program that actually works. If you need help finding the right program for you – I can help.
Together we will identify your goals, find workout programs that you enjoy and create a routine that works with your schedule. It’s that simple.
Contact me today for a consultation and to learn more about the different fitness programs available to you.
Stubborn fat blues
Then you can say goodbye to the Stubborn Fat Blue forever!