Precision Fitness Placentia is celebrating
10 YEARS IN PLACENTIA,
as Placentia’s #1 Fitness Results Service!
It’s our anniversary! You get the gifts!
Check out these gifts:
2 for the price of 1
50% off 12 months programs
FREE 14 day fat furnace program
All programs include:
– Unlimited training,
– 14 day fat furnace program,
– Recipe book
– Access to all camps and seminars
– 24/7 motivation and accountability
Must be paid in full by August 15th
Call Placentia’s #1 Fitness Results
714-883-8940 for free body diagnostic consultation!
This message was sent by email@example.com to $SubscriberEmail$.
Helpful recovery tips
From your friends at Placentia’s #1 Fitness Results
Call 714-883-8940 and redeem your FREE WEEK of unlimited personal training
Fueling your body with the proper nutrients is essential for weight-loss and fitness goals!
To support proper recovery as you go through my 30-day workout program and beyond, I wanted to share a few additional helpful tips with you:
1. Make sure you aren’t going more than 3 hours without eating. Eating every 3 hours gives you more energy and helps you control your blood sugar, which means you burn more fat.
2. Thirst can often be mistaken for hunger. Far too often people reach for calorie rich foods because they think they’re hungry when really they just need a tall glass of cold water because their bodies are dehydrated. Drink a glass of water, see if you feel satisfied, and then decide if you need to reach for some food.
3. It’s important to refuel within 60 minutes after your workout. A great in-between meal snack is an apple or almonds, or a protein powder drink with Whey Protein.
Helpful recovery tips
4. Working out not only strengthens your body, but it can also be equally as hard on your body. To ensure your body is adequately prepared for and repairs after a grueling workout, there are several key “ingredients” or supplements that will get you through the workout smoothly and repaired after the workout quickly.
5. A foam roller guarantees optimal recovery before and after strength training sessions. Anytime is a good time to foam roll; even as little as 5-10 minutes is sure to make difference.
Well that’s it my friends. Remember in order to truly capitalize on the hard work you’re putting in at the gym, you must properly fuel your body before, during, and after the workout. And please feel free to share these facts with everyone you know!!
Helpful recovery tips
Placentia’s #1 Fitness Results Service
15 Essential Fat Loss Tips
If you’re on a mission to slim down and tone up then it’s really important to hone your fat loss rather than simply weight loss. Losing pounds feels good, but if those pounds are precious muscle, then you’re actually hurting your overall ability for fat loss. In order to ensure that the weight you’re losing is FAT and not MUSCLE take the following 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips to heart…
Fat Loss Tip #1: Keep Track
Your willingness to track your food intake is equal to your desire to lose fat. Being serious about losing fat means taking note of every calorie you consume, making sure these calories contain enough protein, and stopping when you meet your daily allowance.
Fat Loss Tip #2: Eat Breakfast
Possibly the most fundamental eating tip of all time, a healthy breakfast with a good protein source will help your body have good calories to burn throughout the a.m. hours, letting you get to lunch without being tempted by that mid-morning doughnut.
Fat Loss Tip #3: Avoid Getting Too Hungry
Dieters often fast until they can’t take it any longer. Unfortunately, many poor choices are made in the heat of the hunger moment. Keep healthy (high protein and low carb) snacks nearby to stave off hunger and drink plenty of water to avoid eating when you should be drinking.
Fat Loss Tip #4: Underestimate Your Routine
Yes, you just pumped iron for an hour and ran six miles. But you probably didn’t burn as many calories as you think. To keep from overeating after a workout, grab a bite immediately after, but make it a small bite. And drink plenty of water. Then wait. Your brain needs time to tell your body it’s full.
15 essential Fat Loss Tips
Your favorite restaurant may be calling your name, but don’t listen! By cooking your own dinner at home, you’ll sidestep a variety of pitfalls that occur while eating out.
Fat Loss Tip #6: Reduce Alcohol Intake
It helps you relax and—if you drink red wine—can offer health benefits. But alcohol also comes with a lot of useless calories. To avoid having more calories to burn than necessary, skip the bar and grab another glass of water.
Fat Loss Tip #7: Redirect
Sticking with a fat loss plan gets hard. The next time it gets unbearable, grab your phone and walk out of the danger zone (your kitchen) and call a friend or loved one. Ask how life is going or plan a movie night—just talk about whatever will take your mind off the temptation that will ruin your efforts.
Fat Loss Tip #8: Hit the Hay
Remember when your parents gave you a curfew because “Nothing good happens after midnight”? This is particularly true when fat loss is your goal. Get to bed to avoid late-night snacking and help your body function its best!
Fat Loss Tip #9: Go Green (First)
There are lots of good foods out there that you need—lean meats, dairy, etc. But don’t let these be the bulk of your diet. Start your meals with something healthy and green to keep your carb count low.
Fat Loss Tip #10: Weigh Yourself
You might not like the idea of jumping on the scale, but if you don’t weigh yourself, you may not recognize your progress. Just as you should count your calories, you should also count your pounds and make adjustments to your eating and exercise routines as needed.
Fat Loss Tip #11: Disconnect Diet from Life
Life comes with ups and downs. Your diet should not. When stressed, don’t go to the vending machine. Put on your walking shoes and get going.
Fat Loss Tip #12: Keep the Burn Going
Working out is not supposed to be a walk in the park. To push your body to its potential and to burn more calories, don’t take long breaks between exercises. Rest no more than 30 seconds after an exercise to keep your body shedding calories and pounds.
Fat Loss Tip #13: Goodbye Sugary Sweet
Everyone needs a quick sweet on occasion. Make sure yours is natural, whole fruit rather than regular old sugar. Every day, it seems more research is showing that refined sugars and high-fructose corn syrup increase your likelihood of weight gain more than anything else.
Fat Loss Tip #14: Move Now!
Maintaining a consistent, challenging exercise program is essential for your fat loss, but don’t let that be your only exercise. Build 15-minute windows throughout your day during which you can take a brisk walk. You’ll be more alert at work and the pounds will keep dropping.
Fat Loss Tip #15: Don’t Give Up
You may think it’s too easy a tip to list, but very few people have the will power necessary to keep with a program long enough to see the desired results. Commit yourself today to being one of those few. If you’re not yet one of my esteemed clients then now is the time to join in and experience a whole new level of fitness and fat loss. Reply to this email or give me a call today to get started.
15 essential Fat Loss Tips
Placentia’s #1 Fitness for men and women 40+
Men and women 40 years old +, it’s not to late to get in your best shape ever!
Our safe effective challenging workouts are designed for men and women 40 years and up. If increasing your strength, mobility and decrease your BODY FAT sounds good then Placentia’s #1 fitness results service if for you!
Call 714-883-8940 to set your FREE body diagnostic evaluation or visit our website www.placentiapersonaltraining.com
face book: placentia’s# 1 fitness results service.
Placentia’s #1 fitness for men and women 40+
I’d like to share five simple strategies with you for shedding five pounds of fat before the holidays.
But first let me clear something up.
Weight loss can be put into two categories.
- The first is a fully concentrated effort. This is where you dedicate yourself to counting every calorie and slaving away in the gym. The pounds come off, but once you relax the regimen your weight goes right back to where it was.
- The second is a combination of simple lifestyle changes. This is where you change a few key factors about what you eat and how you exercise, without making it a fulltime job. This type of weight loss is gradual and permanent, since you are able to maintain it long term.
The five simple strategies below all fall into the lifestyle change category. These strategies may seem ridiculously simple, but do them over an extended period of time and you will see amazing, permanent results.
Strategy #1: Ditch Your Diet Soda
Studies are coming out that link diet soda to weight gain.
Researchers from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio concluded that those who drank two or more diet soft drinks a day had the largest waistline increases—about five times more than that of non-drinkers. They stated, “Data from this and other prospective studies suggest that the promotion of diet sodas as healthy alternatives may be ill-advised: they may be free of calories, but not of consequences.”
Bottom line: Artificial sweeteners are addictive, lead to waistline increases, and cause you to crave sugary foods. By cutting diet soda out of your daily routine, and replacing it with water, you will lose inches and pounds—effortlessly.
Strategy #2: Swap Sandwich Bread for Lettuce
Move over bread, lettuce is better.
It’s time to re-define your sandwich. While bread has tradition on its side, lettuce wraps offer you weight loss and increased energy. Try my Tasty Tuna Lettuce Wraps recipe below.
Bottom line: Eating bread and other starchy foods always leads to extra pounds, so change your ways. Swap your sandwich bread for lettuce for 30 days and see how much you will effortlessly lose. I bet you’ll feel more energetic after lunch too.
Strategy #3: Trade Slow Cardio for Intense Intervals
Doing slow cardio will not give you results.
In order to really make your workout effective, you need to turn up the intensity. If you love the treadmill, then do a series of sprints throughout your workout. If you’re a swimmer, then push yourself extra hard every other lap.
Bottom line: Doing slow, easy cardio will not give you the streamline body you want. Only intense intervals will do that for you. Pepper your workout with bouts of intense cardio and watch as the fat starts to disappear.
Strategy #4: Avoid Sugar 99% Of The Time
Sugar will cause you to gain weight every single time.
There’s really no way around that simple truth. Sugar is standing between you and your perfect body. If you’re serious about looking and feeling great, then understand that sugar has no place in your diet.
Bottom line: If you avoid sugar 99% of the time, then you will be on your way to a lean and energetic body. If it’s your birthday or a special holiday, then partake in a small amount of sugar, but make that the exception and not the rule.
Strategy #5: Exercise With A Professional
When I design your workouts, you know it will be good.
People who work with a personal trainer get better results than those who attempt to do it on their own. Just look at my clients and their amazing transformations, and you’ll see what I mean. Each workout will push you to your limits, challenge your body and deliver the results you’re looking for.
Bottom line: All of my clients expect to get the best workout of their lives each and every time they train with me, and my job is to over-deliver.
Call or email today and I’ll get you started on a program that will get you to the body of your dreams.
Can’t lose weight?
There are few things more frustrating than not being able to lose weight.
You want to be slimmer and to tone your body, but your weight won’t budge.
Read the following 7 Weight Loss Blockers to discover what is standing in your way and how to quickly and easily begin your weight loss journey.
Blocker #1: Your Mind
Your mind is your number one ally when it comes to achieving your goals. However, until your mind has been programmed for success, it will do more to derail your efforts than to help you.
- Take a few moments each day to visualize yourself at your ideal weight. Imagine how it feels to look the way you’ve always wanted.
- Protect your mind from any negative self talk. If a negative thought comes to mind, immediately reject it.
- You want to be thin and fit, and yet you think of yourself as out-of-shape and fat. Re-program your mind to think of yourself as fit and attractive, and you will be well on your way toward achieving your goal.
- Give up the belief that you can’t achieve the body you’ve always dreamed of. See it first in your mind, and then in the mirror.
Can’t lose weight?
Blocker #2: Your Fear
Change makes most of us nervous – even if it is a change in the right direction. You may not be consciously aware of the fear you have of getting into shape. Until you conquer this fear, your weight loss efforts will be blocked by self sabotage.
Professional speaker and author, Anthony Robbins, has outlined three specific beliefs that you must have in order to conquer your fear and instantly create a lasting change.
- Believe that something MUST change.You can’t be wishy-washy about it. You can’t be considering it. You can’t even be pretty sure about it. You’ve got to be rock solid.
- Believe that YOU must change it. You can’t pass the buck of responsibility and expect to lose weight. It’s on your shoulders. Other people will prove to be great assets in your journey, but in the end you are the one who is going to make it happen. You have to want this weight loss enough to make it your personal mission.
- Believe you CAN change it. You may have failed in the past, but that doesn’t matter. When you put your mind to it, you’re able to do amazing things. Do you believe that you are capable of losing weight? Once you own the belief that you can, you’ll be unstoppable.
Blocker #3: Your Excuses
Your excuses for being out-of-shape are getting old. An excuse takes less immediate effort than an action, but in the long run the action taker always has the advantage. Don’t allow excuses to ruin your life any longer.
- Don’t skip out on your responsibilities with excuses, instead expect more from yourself.
- Focus on the big reason why you are losing the weight. Make a list of the benefits you’ll enjoy once you achieve your goal, and read them first thing each morning.
- Remember that you can only have two things in life: excuses or results. Which do you want?
Blocker #4: Your Commitment
How many times have you tried to lose weight, only to give up a week or two later? We live in a commitment-phobic world, so it’s no wonder that you routinely abandon your goals. If you truly want to lose weight then your commitment to the process is a must.
- The margin between success and failure is bridged by your commitment. Don’t give up until your goal has been achieved.
- Treat exercise with the same importance as a work meeting, and you’ll never skip it at the last minute. Find three available 60-minute time slots in your schedule and mark them (in pen) on your calendar. Now stick to your schedule.
- If you don’t give up, then you’ll never fail.
Blocker #5: Your Diet
If you consistently eat the wrong food, then you’re weight loss efforts will all be in vain. To put it bluntly, you need to stop eating junk. Processed foods, refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup do not belong in your diet if you want to be in great shape. Cut these items out of your diet and replace them with real whole foods like lean meats, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and fruits.
- Don’t eat processed foods. Even though processed foods are accepted by our society, they contain tons of chemicals and empty calories that will make you sick and fat.
- Fat contains twice the caloric density of protein and carbohydrates, so make sure to limit the amount that you consume. Eat lots of lean proteins and wholesome carbohydrates from plants and whole grains.
- Vegetables, whole grains, fruits, nuts and seeds are filled with fiber and antioxidants which are vital for healthy weight loss. Snack on these instead of packaged treats.
Blocker #6: Your Patience
It takes time to transform your body from fat to fit, even though you want it to happen overnight. Remind yourself that it took time to put the weight on, so it will take time to take the weight off. When you find your patience wavering, or when you encounter a frustrating plateau, do the following:
- Review your goal. Is it specific and measurable? Is it small and attainable, rather than monumental? Focus on your goal when the going gets tough.
- Make each workout a new experience. Challenge your body with different resistance, new exercises and a varied pace.
- Remember that anyone can have one great workout, but that won’t get you the body you want. The only way to achieve your goal is by consistently exercising and eating right, plain and simple.
Blocker #7: Your Support
People who exercise alone are less challenged, less accountable and are more likely to fail. It makes sense. Who would rush to the gym if no one is was waiting for them? Who would push themselves if no one was paying attention? Exercising alone is a recipe for disaster.
- Find a workout partner who is in better shape than you, or better yet, work with me, your local fitness expert, to guarantee your results.
- I am passionate about seeing you achieve results—don’t waste your time, energy and effort on mistakes.
- When you start a program with me, you suddenly have the upper hand on weight loss. I’ll be in your corner, coaching you each step of the way, keeping you accountable to workouts and giving you that dose of encouragement when you need it most.
Get serious about your results and begin the last weight loss program that you’ll ever do.
Can’t lose weight?
Call or email today to schedule your first workout. You’ll find my contact info in this newsletter. www.placentiapersonaltrainig.com
Trust Bio Trust nutrition www.placentiafitness.biotrust.com
Stubborn Fat Blues
Every year at about this time frustrated people around the globe look in the mirror and realize that their waist is larger, hips are wider, and their New Year’s resolve has fizzled.
So what do you do about the stubborn and seemingly permanent fat?
Sink into a depression?
Well, the easiest thing to do is to throw a pity party. Then before you know it your feelings of self pity begin to snowball into a full blown case of the Stubborn Fat Blues.
How do you know if you have the Stubborn Fat Blues?
- Your pants are tighter today than they were a year ago
- You’ve tried to lose weight only to fail.
- You feel trapped.
- You’re close to giving up on yourself.
If you can relate to any of the above statements then you have the Stubborn Fat Blues—quite an unpleasant condition to have.
Fortunately, there is a cure.
Stubborn fat Blues
It all starts with your mind. The thing about the Stubborn Fat Blues is that it affects your mind more than anything.
You see, your mental state is critical in determining your shape and size. When you focus on all of the things that you hate about your current body like the size of your thighs, the shape of your butt, or the way your belly looks then you’re putting all of your energy on the negative.
The more you think about how unhappy you are, the unhappier you will become.
Makes sense, right?
So instead of wallowing, use the following techniques to conquer the Stubborn Fat Blues:
1. Take it one battle at a time.
You may have 20, 50 or 100 pounds to lose before you reach your ideal weight—and, boy, that can be overwhelming. The truth is that weight loss like that won’t happen overnight—it takes months of dedication. It’s no wonder so many people simply give up.
Don’t worry about winning the entire war today, instead focus on conquering one battle at a time. Take it one meal at a time, and one day at a time. A healthy meal, a good workout and you’ve won a battle. Remember, 100 pounds is broken down into 350,000 calories. Sure, that sounds like a lot, but all you have to do is focus on burning more calories than you take in today – in the end weight loss will be inevitable.
2. Use a trigger.
How many times throughout your day do you find yourself plagued with negative thoughts? I’m too fat. I’ll never look as good as I used to. I’m not attractive. Yikes! Thoughts like these will ruin your chance at regaining your figure—they are total momentum killers.
Here’s what I want you to do. Whenever a negative thought enters your mind instantly do the following:
- Breathe out and squeeze your abs for 5 seconds – 3 times
- Throw away any junk food within arms reach
- Plan to exercise that day
Make negative thoughts a trigger to take positive action toward your goal—the results will amaze you.
3. See what you want.
If you have weight to lose, mirrors are a nightmare. Every lump and pouch seems to jump out with alarming illumination. And it doesn’t help that most of us see things as worse than they really are.
When was the last time that you closed your eyes and pictured the body that you wished you had? It may sound hokey, but I’m serious. Your mind is very impressionable, and when you bombard it with only the negative then you will be stuck on that image.
Take time each day to visualize your ideal body. Close your eyes and put yourself in that ideal body – feel what it feels like to be fit and attractive. This exercise is a powerful way to fixate your mind on your goal in a way that will leave you no room for failure.
4. Get serious.
Sooner or later you will decide that you are fed up with the Stubborn Fat Blues. You will decide that your health is important. You will decide that you deserve to look great. And you will do what it takes to achieve amazing results.
The best way to ensure that your motivation stays strong—and that your goal is met—is to get on a fitness program that actually works. If you need help finding the right program for you – I can help.
Together we will identify your goals, find workout programs that you enjoy and create a routine that works with your schedule. It’s that simple.
Contact me today for a consultation and to learn more about the different fitness programs available to you.
Stubborn fat blues
Then you can say goodbye to the Stubborn Fat Blue forever!
7 Fat Loss Myths Debunked
Slow-moving folks rejoiced at the idea that a slower pace could mean more fat burned. And while moving slower—walking instead of running—may seem more appealing, there is a problem. Because moving at a faster pace and pushing yourself harder will always burn more calories in less time. Of course, if you plan to walk at a moderate pace for three hours, you will burn more than if you sprint 100 yards and call it quits. But if you can sprint 100 yards, walk 20 yards, and then sprint again, repeating the process for an hour, you will easily shed more calories, fat, and pounds, than just going for a walk.
Fat Loss Myth #4: Cardio Is All You Need
Want to lose weight? Good. You’ll need to get some cardiovascular exercise. But don’t buy into the idea that cardio is all you need to lose weight. If you don’t lift weights or do some sort of strength training, your aerobic workouts will eventually work to burn off your muscle as well as fat. In the end, this means less strength and a lower metabolism—both which could lead to an inability to maintain a workout routine.
7 fat loss myths debunked
Fat Loss Myth #5: Your Workout Should Be Killer
Ever feel your workout didn’t work you hard enough? If you’re improving and increasing, don’t sweat it. That’s just a sign that your body is growing stronger and better able to handle whatever you throw at it. While many think a workout isn’t good unless it leaves you unable to stand up straight or lift a book, don’t believe the hype. Pushing your body so hard that you can’t function after a workout may give you mental assurance that you’re working hard, but it’s putting you at extreme risk for extreme injury.
Fat Loss Myth #6: Heat Burns More Slide this one under the heading “Stranger Than Fiction,” but according to research, those hot yoga classes may not be paying off like you expect. Strangely, they found that people who slept in a colder environment increased their weight loss ability substantially more than those who slept in a warmer temperature. Granted, the study involved sleeping and not exercising, but the chill should transfer to your workouts. Get the temp turned down a notch for a month or two and see if there are any changes!
Fat Loss Myth #7: There Are Negative-Calorie Foods
Whether you’ve bought into the myth or not, you’ve likely heard that certain foods—celery is a favorite—burn more calories via digestion than they contain. So if you eat nothing but celery, you’ll burn more calories than you consume, which catapults your weight-loss ability into the heavens. Unfortunately, this isn’t true. Celery is low in calories, but you could survive on it if there was no other food available.
7 fat loss myths debunked
Call or email me today and we will get you started on the exercise program that will reshape your body and shed that fat once and for all!