The cure for lazy
I know a lot of lazy people…People who would rather spend the day planted on their couch than anywhere else…who choose take-out over home cooked, every night of the week… who would rather have a root canal than go to the gym.
Sure, I know that we all have our occasional lazy day on the couch, but lately it seems that more and more people are turning laziness into a career.
What about you? Check if the following describe you:
- You are habitually inactive.
- You’d rather be a passive observer than an active participant.
- You’re a master excuse-maker.
- You find shortcuts in order to avoid the long haul.
If that’s you, don’t get down on yourself. There are many legitimate causes of laziness. Here are just a few…
Cure for lazy
1. Sleep Deprivation: When you’re short on sleep it’s easy to become unmotivated, which quickly turns into laziness. Get a minimum of eight hours of sleep each night in order to maintain enough energy to get you through the day. Some experts even say that ten hours of sleep each night is what you need to function at your best.
2. Caffeine Abuse: Starting your day with a jolt of java may help with your initial alertness, but the dip in energy that takes place a few hours later could be the reason that you become lazy later in the day. Avoid the rush and crash of caffeine and instead rely on your steady supply of natural energy.
3. Bad Habit: At some point being lazy simply becomes a habit. If every night after work you head straight to the couch, it soon becomes automatic and not a conscious decision. Breaking the habit of laziness is actually quite easy. Simply take yourself off of autopilot and make the conscious decision to do something productive instead—like heading to the gym rather than the couch.
4. Inactivity: If your job keeps you in a chair for hours at a time, and you don’t exercise when off the clock, then your body is just accustomed to inactivity. It’s time to wake up your under-used muscles and to reacquaint yourself with the joy of motion. A simple way to get back into the swing of things is to go on a 30 to 60 minute walk either before work or after you return home. Once you’ve broken yourself in with consistent walks, contact me to get started on a fitness program that will quickly get your body back into great shape.
Cure for lazy
Laziness begins when you ignore that little nagging voice in your head. You know, the one that reminds you when you should take action on something rather than sit by and let the opportunity slip away.
Is today the day that you will kick laziness to the curb…the day that you will take action toward achieving your goals…the day that you will listen to that little voice of reason?
Call or email me today to start working toward the new you. I’ll give you the cure for lazy…
5 habits that cause belly fat
There’s nothing quite as frustrating as that stubborn belly fat that sits around your waist, makes your pants tight and destroys your confidence.
If you have belly fat to lose, then chances are great that you are harboring one or more of these 5 habits that cause belly fat.
Read the 5 Belly Fat Habits below to identify the reason why your stubborn belly fat won’t budge…
Belly Fat Habit #1: Too Much Sugar
Sugar is found in many of the foods that you eat daily. From breakfast cereals, to coffee drinks, to protein bars, to energy drinks…more items in your daily diet contain sugar than you’re aware of. All of these sugar calories add up quickly and translate into many pounds gained.
Make it a habit to read the ingredients and the sugar count in the foods you are eating. Pay special attention to breakfast items, yogurts, protein bars and any item that is packaged. Avoid eating foods that contain added sugars as a part of your daily diet.
Belly Fat Habit #2: Daily Dessert
There used to be a time and place when desserts were reserved for Sunday evenings and special occasions. Not anymore! These days dessert has become a daily occurrence. Much like the first Belly Fat Habit, having dessert is another form of having too much sugar, and all those sugar calories rapidly turn to fat.
Forget eating dessert everyday. Save desserts for cheat days and special occasions, and stick with fresh fruit as your daily after-meal sweet.
Belly Fat Habit #3: Bad Snacking
In recent years snacking has been named one of the best ways to maintain your metabolism, in order to burn fat all day long; and while there is some truth to eating small, high protein-high fiber meals frequently, for the most part all of this snacking has done nothing better than make us fat.
Most snack items are crunchy and salty, 2 qualities that you’ll rarely find in a healthy snack, and contain loads of simple carbohydrates and, you guessed it, more sugar. In order to avoid belly fat you’re better off avoiding all traditional snack foods, and to fall out of the habit of ‘snacking’ entirely.
If you’re hungry between meals then eat a small amount of protein and fiber, such as a hard boiled egg with cucumber, or a packet of tuna with celery.
Belly Fat Habit #4: Daily Alcohol
Having that drink with dinner (or two, or three…) can quickly become a fast and steady habit. It’s easy to justify the drinks because you had a long, hard day and you deserve it. The alcohol takes your mind off of your troubles and loosens you up for a good time. However, all those alcohol calories are basically sugar, and all that sugar is going straight to your belly. (Beer belly, anyone?)
Breaking your daily alcohol habit is tough, I’ll give you that, however it may motivate you to know that it’s nearly impossible to lose fat on a day when you’re drinking alcohol. Alcohol = fat storage mode. Also it’s great to know that once you’ve allocated alcohol to cheat days and special occasions, you’ll lose fat quicker and easier than ever before.
Belly Fat Habit #5: Lack of Exercise
This one is kind of a no-brainer, right? If you aren’t moving your body in a consistent, challenging way then you’re going to store body fat. Plain and simple. An effective, invigorating exercise routine is the ticket you need to dump that fat for good.
I’m here to help you simply and easily lose all of your unwanted belly fat. The start of this brand new year is the perfect time to begin an exercise program that really works – and my programs have been proven to be the most effective, so let’s get going!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s also the easiest meal to mess up. Donuts, breakfastsandwiches, pancakes, waffles, hash browns, sugary cereals…there are so many ways to start your day off in a fattening way.
Read on for 5 No-Effort Breakfasts that deliver in taste, nutrition and speed.
1. Egg Muffins
Traditional fluffy bakery muffins sure are delicious, but that’s the fast track to weight gain. So instead let’s enjoy a protein-packed egg muffin in the morning. These egg muffins are quick, last up to 4 days in the fridge, and will fill you with wholesome energy.
- 6 omega-3, organic, free range eggs
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- handful of organic shredded cheese
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- Mix up the eggs, add bell pepper, cheese and seasonings. Fill 6 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the egg is fully set.
2. Green Smoothie
Not all smoothies were created equal. In fact, most smoothies are nothing but cups filled with simple sugar – fat traps that are marketed as health food. This green smoothie recipe is different. Packed with wholesome protein and nutritious greens, it’s big on flavor, nutrition and the energy that comes from real food ingredients.
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1Tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 cup wheat grass
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 scoop high quality, low carb chocolate protein
- 1 inch slice of banana
- Optional pinch of Stevia
- 1/2 cup ice
- Combine all the ingredients in your high speed blender then blend on high for a full minute, or until the tiny pieces of spinach have disappeared and the smoothie turns a brilliant shade of green.
3. Hard Boiled Eggs & Apple Slices
You’d be hard pressed to find a healthier or quicker breakfast than hard boiled eggs and apple slices. It’s filled with healthy protein, fiber and energy prompting nutrients while being quick and portable.
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the eggs in a saucepan in a single layer. Cover with an inch or two of cold water. Add the salt to the water. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn off the heat, leaving the saucepan where it is. Cover and sit for 10-12 minutes. Drain the hot water from the saucepan and run cold water over the eggs. Peel and enjoy.
4. Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
Pumpkin is the flavor of the season, so let’s enjoy it in this quick, nutritious smoothie recipe. The problem with most smoothies is the sugar content, so I’ve made this smoothie to be low in sugar yet still high in flavor.
Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana (or half if you want to save on calories and carbs)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 11/2 cups water
- 1 scoop quality vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg and cloves
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and mix until smooth. Serve immediately.
5. Turkey or Ham Roll Ups
This is a very quick breakfast idea that tastes amazing. It’s filled with protein, good fats and wholesome fiber. Best of all you can make this in 5 minutes or less, throw them into a ziplock bag and eat them on-the-go!
Turkey or Ham Roll Ups
- 6 slices high-quality turkey or ham
- 3 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon raisins
- Spread some of the almond butter down the center of each turkey or ham slice. Line with a few slices of apple and a sprinkle of raisins. Roll up and enjoy.
Don’t forget that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Now you have 5 wholesome, quick recipes to fuel your mornings and keep you on track for healthy eating all day long. Start your day right and the rest of the day will follow suit.
Breakfast, Healthy eating is only half of the fitness formula. Eat a healthy breakfast and then come workout with me. Call or email me today to get started on a fat loss program that really works.
Wanting to lose fat, and failing at it, is one of the most frustrating experiences ever.
Read the following 7 Fat Loss Problems to discover what is standing in your way and how to quickly and easily begin reshaping it all.
Fat Loss Problem #1: Your Mind
Your mind is your number one ally when it comes to achieving your goals. However, until your mind has been programmed for success, it will do more to derail your efforts than to help you.
- Take a few moments each day to visualize yourself at your ideal weight. Imagine how it feels to look the way you’ve always wanted.
- Protect your mind from any negative self talk. If a negative thought comes to mind, immediately reject it.
- You want to be thin and fit, and yet you think of yourself as out-of-shape and fat. Re-program your mind to think of yourself as fit and attractive, and you will be well on your way toward achieving your goal.
- Give up the belief that you can’t achieve the body you’ve always dreamed of. See it first in your mind, and then in the mirror.
Fat Loss Problem #2: Your Fear Change makes most of us nervous – even if it is a change in the right direction. You may not be consciously aware of the fear you have of getting into shape. Until you conquer this fear, your weight loss efforts will be blocked by self sabotage.
Professional speaker and author, Anthony Robbins, has outlined three specific beliefs that you must have in order to conquer your fear and instantly create a lasting change.
- Believe that something MUST change. You can’t be wishy-washy about it. You can’t be considering it. You can’t even be pretty sure about it. You’ve got to be rock solid.
- Believe that YOU must change it. You can’t pass the buck of responsibility and expect to lose weight. It’s on your shoulders. Other people will prove to be great assets in your journey, but in the end you are the one who is going to make it happen. You have to want this weight loss enough to make it your personal mission.
- Believe you CAN change it. You may have failed in the past, but that doesn’t matter. When you put your mind to it, you’re able to do amazing things. Do you believe that you are capable of losing weight? Once you own the belief that you can, you’ll be unstoppable.
Fat Loss Problem #3: Your Excuses
Your excuses for being out-of-shape are getting old. An excuse takes less immediate effort than an action, but in the long run the action taker always has the advantage. Don’t allow excuses to ruin your life any longer.
- Don’t skip out on your responsibilities with excuses, instead expect more from yourself.
- Focus on the big reason why you are losing the weight. Make a list of the benefits you’ll enjoy once you achieve your goal, and read them first thing each morning.
- Remember that you can only have two things in life: excuses or results. Which do you want?
Fat Loss Problem #4: Your Commitment
How many times have you tried to lose weight, only to give up a week or two later? We live in a commitment-phobic world, so it’s no wonder that you routinely abandon your goals. If you truly want to lose weight then your commitment to the process is a must.
- The margin between success and failure is bridged by your commitment. Don’t give up until your goal has been achieved.
- Treat exercise with the same importance as a work meeting, and you’ll never skip it at the last minute. Find three available 60-minute time slots in your schedule and mark them (in pen) on your calendar. Now stick to your schedule.
- If you don’t give up, then you’ll never fail.
Fat Loss Problem #5: Your Diet
If you consistently eat the wrong food, then you’re weight loss efforts will all be in vain.
To put it bluntly, you need to stop eating junk. Processed foods, refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup do not belong in your diet if you want to be in great shape. Cut these items out of your diet and replace them with real whole foods like lean meats, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and fruits.
- Don’t eat processed foods. Even though processed foods are accepted by our society, they contain tons of chemicals and empty calories that will make you sick and fat.
- Fat contains twice the caloric density of protein and carbohydrates, so make sure to limit the amount that you consume. Eat lots of lean proteins and wholesome carbohydrates from plants and whole grains.
- Vegetables, whole grains, fruits, nuts and seeds are filled with fiber and antioxidants which are vital for healthy weight loss. Snack on these instead of packaged treats.
Fat Loss Problem #6: Your PatienceIt takes time to transform your body from fat to fit, even though you want it to happen overnight. Remind yourself that it took time to put the weight on, so it will take time to take the weight off. When you find your patience wavering, or when you encounter a frustrating plateau, do the following:
- Review your goal. Is it specific and measurable? Is it small and attainable, rather than monumental? Focus on your goal when the going gets tough.
- Make each workout a new experience. Challenge your body with different resistance, new exercises and a varied pace.
- Remember that anyone can have one great workout, but that won’t get you the body you want. The only way to achieve your goal is by consistently exercising and eating right, plain and simple.
Fat Loss Problem #7: Your SupportPeople who exercise alone are less challenged, less accountable and are more likely to fail. It makes sense. Who would rush to the gym if no one is was waiting for them? Who would push themselves if no one was paying attention? Exercising alone is a recipe for disaster.
- Find a workout partner who is in better shape than you, or better yet, work with me, your local fitness expert, to guarantee your results.
- I am passionate about seeing you achieve results—don’t waste your time, energy and effort on mistakes.
- When you start a program with me, you suddenly have the upper hand on weight loss. I’ll be in your corner, coaching you each step of the way, keeping you accountable to workouts and giving you that dose of encouragement when you need it most.
Get serious about your results and begin the last weight loss program that you’ll ever do. Lose fat
Call or email today to schedule your first workout. 714-883-8940 www.placentiapersonaltraining.com